Lead Developer (JAVA)
At SkinVision, we are on a mission to save the lives of 250,000 people in the next ten years by revolutionizing the way we care about our skin. Our technology mobilises and empowers consumers to act on and manage their skin health, enabling a connection between users and the health care ecosystem. If you’d like to be part of a team of a rapidly growing international startup in the health sector, please read on.
We are looking for a Lead Developer who believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world. This is the perfect opportunity for someone that has a a strong vision on how to build and enable a team to take our service to the next level. The ideal candidate can balance growing processes and people from previous experience in a scaling up environments and you fully understand the challenges involved in this journey. You are intellectually curious and can bring people together towards a common goal.
- Build new (micro) services and streamline our development processes with a laser focus on quality and compliance. The keyword is (of course) automation and using the right tools for the job.
- Develop & maintain our (Cloud) Infrastructure (AWS)
- Creating the right team culture by leading development best practices
- Work on high-level processes, including performance, architecture and security
- Guide the development cycle (code review policy, commit policy, branching strategy, versioning strategy etc.) of the organisation
- Develop and test our online environments
- Lead the planning and execution of team deliverables. Coach and train other team members
- Communicate with internal partners such as Customer Success, CTO and Management
- Conduct release meetings in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain SkinVision Java-based backend services
What you will bring in
- You love the challenge of bringing our platform to the next level. This includes infrastructure architecture on AWS, automation, development of services.
- You know what it takes to build and scale a team and enjoy every step of the journey
- You know which tools work for monitoring, alerting and escalation and which ones don't.
- DevOps experience with a focus on quality is a definite plus – at the very least you have experience with infrastructure automation on AWS, automated deployments, automated testing and Continuous Integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Pipelines or the like.
- You have extensive experience using AWS and its APIs and you thrive on systems that just work, every time.
- Experience with static analysis tools such as PMD, FindBugs, Nexus, SonarQube etc. is a strong plus.
- You have Java (JVM-based languages) experience
- Experience with security and/or compliance standards is a plus.
- You are able to make the translation between business and technical fields and have solid experience with scrum / agile estimation – you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
- You understand how you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better. SQL and performance optimisation is a plus.
Do you want to make a difference in the world by joining an energetic team based in Amsterdam? We look forward to receiving your application.
- No agencies
- This position is for the Amsterdam office - we unfortunately cannot accommodate remote contributors at this moment.